Camper Van / RV
Safety & Security
- Mount storage box outside to store toxic chemicals (paints, glues, fuel additives, etc.).
- Add reflectors and reflective tape.
- Mount gas tanks up as high as possible, protected by other object.
- Backup camera and monitor.
- Passenger side sliding door window to see blind spot.
- Fire extinguisher.
- No exposed hot wiring; not loose as to touch any ground areas.
- Be aware 2007 - 2013 Dodge / Mercedes / Freightliner Sprinters have Tamaka airbag recalls. As of this writing, only the passenger side airbag is available for replacement.
- Know diesel heater controller settings: For the Planar brand, make sure both bottom dots are lit up, otherwise vehicle can overheat.
- Place note in lower driver's side of windshield "For Vehicle Issues, Contact (Name) at (Phone)
- Alarm / warning light in dash area.
- Auxiliary horn with remote button by bed.
- Quick access weapons: Baton / club, Bowie type knife, bear pepper spray. No firearms.
- Dash cam to prove accidents weren't your fault and to catch criminals.
- Police encounter (see webpage)
- Accident: Take pictures & video. Get other's driver's license and insurance info. Call police for police report. Report any injuries, especially if you think you might have jolted your neck as whiplash may show up later.